Christmas Eve has always been one of my favorite parts of the whole celebration of Christmas. Even when I was little I anticipated Christmas Eve almost as much as Christmas morning! I loved wearing my 'Christmas dress', going to church for the special children's service complete with birthday cake for Jesus, and spending the rest of the evening at our friends open house party. On really special Christmas Eve nights we would even make it to the midnight candlelight service at church. During the candle lighting I was so careful to hold tightly to my little candle and not let the wax drip.
This year was really no exception, it was so much fun to spend the afternoon opening gifts with the Miller side of the family and then we headed over to the annual McPherson family Christmas Eve open house. No midnight service, instead we were in bed by 10:00 p.m. Mike and I did enjoy the gentle glow of Christmas tree lights and a few minutes of precious quiet time together.
Luke enjoyed feeding cheerios to Aunt Jenny's dog 'Merlin.'

Opening the first Christmas gift!

Our Christmas tree...after Santa visited!
No comments:
Post a Comment