Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 10, 2008

We Survived the Blizzard of '08

We had a BLIZZARD this weekend!! Not the kind from Dairy Queen with M&M's (which does sound pretty good right now) but a real blizzard with 12 inches of snow and winds at 30+ miles per hour. Cincinnati hasn't had a snow fall classified as an actual blizzard since the Blizzard of 1977. This was particularly crazy since last Monday I was out with Luke enjoying the sun and a balmy 65 degrees...and by Friday we were preparing for record snowfall!

I was supposed to take Luke for his 2 month appointment, but had to cancel due to snow. (We'll go Wednesday instead.) Mike came home early because his office closed at noon so that everyone could travel home safely. We spent the rest of the weekend cozy and warm in our house. With the extra time and no where to go I was compelled to cook...pancakes, chili, beer bread, peanut butter cookies, pizza... It was a very delicious snow storm. I'm sure Mike wishes we had a blizzard every weekend.

Getting our "baby bear" ready to go out in the snow.

It was still so cold outside!! Luke was not very happy to be out in the cold, but we were able to take just a few pictures before going back inside to warm up. You can see the snow still covering the street behind us.
Trying to stay warm.
Lily loves to play in the snow!

No comments: